You are in the right place if you want to know about tree removal services. You will know how much you will have to pay to remove a variety of tree types from your property in this guide. There is no clear and definite way in determining the exact amount of money to pay in order to remove a tree from your property; therefore, the information offered in this article is designed only to guide. Tree removal cost varies due to some factors; for instance, the height of the tree and the complexity of the job are two factors that can affect the price you will have to pay. The condition and tree location are also factors that can influence tree removal cost.
On average, it will cost between 150 – 1500 USD to remove a tree from your property. But some other tree services may demand additional cost. For instance, the average stump grinding price ranges from 75 – 1000 USD and the average stump removal cost ranges from 60 – 350 USD, depending on several factors.
What’s Usually Included with Basic Tree Removal Services?
Different levels of services are available when getting rid of a tree, but sometimes, it usually comes with a few basic pieces. It’s obvious that the tree has to be cut down. Normally, the need may arise for the contractor to rope down the tree pieces; this requires climbing the tree and cutting its part into sizes to control the cutting process. In most situations, it may be hauled away for free (or may be included in the estimate). You can see our comprehensive guide for more knowledge to know what to look for and questions to ask when seeking a tree removal service.
Services that May Cost Extra
The basic tree removal service may not be enough for some individuals; they may want what’s not included in the basic package. For instance, you may be required to pay more for limb removal if the cost does not cover hauling away tree limbs. The price for limb removal varies; the cost usually falls between 50 and 75 USD.
Additional services that may attract extra include:
- Stump Removal: Most times, the cost of removing a tree does not include stump removal. You will be left with a stump if you don’t pay extra for this service. In some situations, you could be offered a special price to remove the stump. However, stump removal may require different equipment, and this function is sometimes carried out by a sub-contractor; this is why additional services can be a significant add-on. The stump diameter can help determine the removal cost. It will cost between 60 and 350 USD to remove a stump. Removing a rotting stump should be more affordable than removing a healthy, solid stump. Check out our Tree Stomp Removal Cost Guide to learn more.
- Tree Trunk Removal: At least, it’s expected of the tree removal service provider to cut the tree trunk into smaller sizes or sections, making it much easier for transportation. However, you may need to pay more if you want the company to haul them away for you.
- Limb chipping: You can decide to chip your limb instead of spending money to have them hauled away. The cost may be more affordable if the tree service provider offers limb chipping. If limp chipping is not included in their package, you pay additional 75 USD to get it done. Cost for trunk removal varies, but the price of these services falls between 50 and 100 USD.
good thing about removing a fallen tree is that it is usually more affordable than removing a healthy, living tree. You may pay between 75 and 150 USD to remove a fallen tree. However, the total cost is dependent on if you want to chip the tree into tiny pieces, cut up or hauled completely – same as removing a healthy tree.
Tree Branch Removal: 200 – 300 USD
You may want to remove a few branches because they are interfering with power lines, and if that’s the case, you can contact your local utility company. Your local utility company can handle this without charging you a dime. But if you have other reasons to remove branches from a tree, then you will have to seek the service of a tree removal and cutting company. Well, tree branches are usually small, so you may want to cut them down by yourself. If you plan on hiring an expert to handle this, you could be charged to pay for the service per hour. The hourly rate most company charge falls between 200 and 300 USD. You may also pay more than expected if you have lots of branches that you want to remove.
Tree Stump Removal Costs
A lot of factors can influence the price of removing tree stump; thus, three stump removal costs vary. The price to remove a stump varies based on if you plan to do it yourself or hire an expert, but other factors can also influence this. You can prevent unpleasant surprises if you know about the prices associated with removing a tree stump. Check our Tree Stump Removal Cost Guide to learn more.
Factors that Influence Tree Removal Costs
AS mention severally in this article, the total cost you will pay for removing a tree will depend on several factors. Find below some of the main factors:
- Size: one of the important factors that will affect the total cost is the overall height of the tree.
- Diameter: The amount you will pay also depends on the diameter of the tree’s trunk. The diameter is also relevant when grinding a stump. Ideally, it will cost you more for a shorter, thicker tree than a taller, slimmer three.
- Condition: It may cost you more if the tree you want to remove is healthy and strong. If the tree is rotting, dying or dead, you may pay less since removing the tree is much easier. When the price offered to you is not reasonable, ensure you make it clear that the tree is weak and not healthy.
- Location: it’s more affordable to remove a tree is it is safely away from your home and other obstacles. The tree removal company could charge you more for the job if the likelihood of risk to occur is on the high side. Nevertheless, their liability increases and the company needs to be more careful; thus, making use of more complex equipment and more complicated techniques.
A Special Note about Damaged Trees
A tree may fall and cause damage to a house, property or other object following high winds or a major storm. Companies offering tree removal services normally charge more to remove trees of this nature. The reason the price is on the high side is because the company needs to be more careful to prevent additional damage. In addition, workers are usually at risk of injury when working on damaged trees.
Even though you will have to spend a lot of money to remove a tree safely by hiring professionals to do the job, it’s totally worth it. You save yourself from risk or serious injuries when you allow professionals to do the work for you. Besides, it’s not easy to remove a tree. So leave this job to the pros.
- Travel cost: you may pay an additional price for travel if you reside in a remote area and the tree removal company has to move to your location from a long distance. Drive time may or may not be included.
- Log splitting: This extra service is nice for individuals who have fireplaces. If this service is offered by the tree removal company, they will come along with a log splitting machine. The cost for this is not fixed, but it normally includes an extra charge of 75 USD or more to the total cost.
Average Cost of Removing a Tree
Since you now have an idea of how much you are going to pay for additional services, you might be wondering how much it’s going to cost you to remove the tree. The price, however, will mainly depend on the tree size:
- About 25 Feet Tall – Between 150 and 500 USD
- 25 Feet Tall to 75 Feet Tall – Between 200 and 1,000 USD
- 75 Feet Tall or Higher – At least 1,500 USD
Large Tree Removal: 1500 USD
There isn’t any realistic or ideal way for an average landlord to safely remove a big tree from his/her property. Beyond doubts, you really don’t want to do a job of this nature by yourself. Have at the back of your mind that it’s not going to be cheap. Many different factors will affect the total amount of money you will pay for the job. Your bill is going to be expensive if the contractor has to climb so high and rope down a lot of pieces before actually chopping the tree, which is usually true for extremely tall trees. From the description above, it will cost you about 1500 USD or more for that level of service. It’s probably worth it to have some small extras that you don’t have to pay a dime for, but not every company will be willing to offer that.
Oak Tree Removal: 200 – 1000 USD
Oakwoods are solid and tough; this is why tree removal services usually charge a lot of money to remove them from your property. Another feature of an oak tree is that they are very tall. A healthy oak tree has an average height of 60 feet. From our price guide above, removing an oak tree will cost between 200 and 1000 USD. However, expect your host to be on the high side since oak is one solid, thick wood. Remove you remove an oak tree from your property, ensure you have a really nice reason so you don’t spend that amount of cash.
Pine Tree Removal: 200 – 1500 USD
Although there are different species of pine tree, the average height usually falls between 40 and 60 feet. Some pine trees are as high as 80 feet. Remember that the total cost to pay for removing a tree depends on the size of the tree. You may pay as high as 1500 USD or more if your pine is very tall or you can pay as low as 200 USD or so if you have a smaller pine tree. You can see why it’s important to receive different quotes for removal before you hire a contractor.
Fallen Tree Removal: 75 – 150 USD
You may want to hire a contractor to clear the area as quickly as possible if a tree falls on your property. Even though removing a fallen tree is not as complicated or risky as removing a healthy, strong tree, the job still needs several types of equipment and could possibly cause injuries if one is not careful. But the
If you want your environment to be more attractive and beautiful, then you need to trim your trees from time to time. Besides having an attractive yard, you can remove broken or dead limbs that can pose serious threats to you or your environment by trimming your tree. The amount you will spend to trim a tree will vary based on a number of factors including if you plan on hiring a professional contractor or doing it yourself. You can check our Tree Trimming Cost Guide to learn more. This article Provide General ideas about Tree service But always Get Price from Local Tree arborist This Prices are Not fix Prices is all about Ideas related To tree removal cost and Tree trimming average Prices weather st albans ny 11412